Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Lucky Ducky

We’re still here!  Baby is still cookin.  We had an ultrasound last Wednesday.  We got some great profile shots and a super cute one of her sucking her thumb.  She is looking good and still very active.  Lauren is already pretty uncomfortable because this little one just seems to be growing so fast.  I remind her constantly that we have a long way to go and she is just going to get bigger.  It’s not a very popular response.  Hitting 25 weeks seems huge to me.  I know we still have 15 weeks, but that’s not that long.  We are going into what I like to call the “Holiday Snowball.”  Once Halloween hits, this snowball of birthdays and holidays hits and the next thing I know is that it’s the New Year.  And then we will be within a month.  It’s going to be here so fast. 

If you are actually reading this during the 25th week, the ticker at the top says, “My ears are much more sensitive this week.  So would you mind keeping it down out there.”  I am pretty sure this is a direct response to her Auntie Frankie.  Frankie is our derby sister and one of the loudest girls I know.  I’m a loud girl, too, so I absolutely love it.  She was extra loud when we saw her on Sunday at the bout (Divas 133 – HCC 100.  Go Divas!).  She loves to stand there and yell, “STELLLLLLA,” at Lauren’s belly.  She is also terrified of Lauren’s belly and Lauren chases her with it to freak her out. 

This is one lucky little girl.  Everyone around us is so excited to meet her.  Our family and friends are being so great and supportive.  We are having so much fun planning for her arrival.  People keep giving us gifts for her, which is so sweet and lots of fun.  She already has a pretty stellar shoe collection.  (I still need to get her some baby Adidas and Nikes.  I think we may get matching Nikes) We are just so grateful.  It’s already been an amazing journey and it’s barely just begun.  Motherhood is gonna rule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment