Friday, December 16, 2011

Time is flyin

Let’s play catch-up.  I swear I am not ditching out on this blog, things have just been really busy lately.  It’s really no excuse. I need to make time to write.  I think she will appreciate it.  As much as I want to do this to keep our friends and family up to date (LOL, sorry), I wanted her to have something to look back on to see what we were up to.  I will try to fit as much in this post as possible of the last month. 
November 12th was our first baby shower.  Lauren’s sister, mom and aunts threw us a BEAUTIFUL shower at the Joliet Country Club.  Her sister made us a gorgeous/delicious cake and we received many beautiful gifts. 
The following weekend was a very derby weekend.  The derby girls went to Maneuvers on Friday night to visit Stella’s Auntie Phoenix at the monthly drag show.  Saturday I got to skate on a banked track with Bonnie D. Stroir.  No big deal.  That night was the Gotham/Windy City and Rocky Mountain/LADD banked track tournament.  For those non-derby nerds, this was a really big, awesome deal.  The 88s chatted with some of the best derby players in the world that weekend.  I have to include it because they signed a poster for Stella’s room.  We will be telling her about this weekend for her entire life.  Varla Vendetta rubbed the belly!  She got lots of good derby juju that weekend.  Sunday night I bench coached the Glams as they took on HCC for the 88s third home game.  The Glamazons won that one.  I realized my derby life won’t end when I retire from skating.  I have a future in bench coaching.  I absolutely love it and was told I’m not too shabby at it.  Maybe someday I will coach Stella’s junior derby league.  (If she decides on her own that derby is her thing, not because we plan on pushing her into it.) 
Tuesday, November 22, we went for a 3d ultrasound.  We finally got to see what our little gremlin looks like.  She looks just like her momma!!  Technology is amazing. 
We showed the family the pics on Thanksgiving and got to celebrate more great news.  2 of my cousins (who happen to be sisters…. And one is Stella’s fairy god mother) got engaged to their respective boyfriends within a few days of each other.  Thanksgiving was the first day we were all together in a long time, so we had a lot of celebrating to do.  Last weekend was our baby shower with my side of the family and a lot of our friends.  My mom, cousin and aunts went all out and decked Sam’s dance studio out in black and hot pink.  I baked about 7 dozen cupcakes in 4 flavors (red velvet with cream cheese frosting, dark chocolate with raspberry frosting, dark chocolate with vanilla frosting and lemon with lemon frosting and strawberry goo) Lucky Miss Stella got loads of awesome stuff.  This child is so loved.  I celebrated my 32nd birthday a few days later by ordering Chinese food and watching a movie.  Yep, I am officially old.  It was fantastic.  Between derby practice and general running around (especially right before the shower), we hardly had time to sit down.  A night on the couch with good food and a good movie (and an amazing wife) was the perfect way to spend my b-day.  It was a big change from my usual bday week that would require at least 2 crazy visits to the bar.  I just can’t hang like that anymore. 
Now we are focusing on finishing her room, putting all of her awesome stuff away and getting ready for the holidays.  This weekend is our derby shower and I can’t even imagine the amount of awesome this will bring.  It’s amazing to hear these women talk about her.  Our little derby baby is going to have 50 of the coolest aunts (and a handful of uncles) a kid could ask for. 
So there we are.  All caught up.  I am hoping to do a post on the Christmas traditions we have and those we hope to start with her.  Also, look for a post on the freak out we are experiencing with less than 7 weeks to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Jen,
    I'm not sure that you could put another awesome in that post, but I'd love to see you try. So glad you ladies are feeling everyone's love. Post some pics please would ya?!?!

    ReplyDelete