Monday, September 12, 2011

Half way there

Tomorrow is 20 weeks.  How on earth is it the middle of September??  I guess going back to work has a lot to do with it.  Time just seems to slip by.  I started my full time job Aug 22nd and then went to Byron last Monday.  I was home this weekend, leaving again today, will be back this weekend and then gone for a couple weeks for the outage.  Rinse and repeat for October, but I will be home since it’s at Dresdan.  For those who can’t keep up, just nod and smile.  Half the time I feel like I can’t keep up either.  After this outage, I should be home for a while.  I will work some crazy hours, but at least I will be home.  Being gone has been particularly rough on the wife this time around.  Usually at the end of spending our summer off together, she is ready to get rid of me for a while.  I think the pregnancy hormones are getting to her.  She just hates me being gone.  I can’t lie, it’s been rougher this time for me too.  I am so afraid I am going to miss something.  I guess I better get used to that feeling.  She isn’t even here yet.   If only we were independently wealthy so we could both stay at home and stare at her.  On second thought, that just sounds creepy.   
I will be home Wednesday morning for her 20 week ultrasound.  20 weeks.  Yikes.  That is officially half way.  (40 week is how they calculate due dates.)  It’s been about 5 weeks since our last ultrasound.  I can’t wait to see how much she has grown. 
We got the nursery painted last weekend.  It’s a really pretty yellow.  It makes the room look so bright, I LOVE it.  The crib has been ordered and we are on the hunt for a dresser we love.  It’s not easy pleasing us when it comes to furniture.  We like unique, but not things that look unique for the sake of being unique.  That probably only makes sense to us.  We did decide to use the bird patterns we got at JoAnne a long time ago.  All the colors we are using for the decorations are based off that.  I posted pictures of it in one of my first posts. 
In non-baby news, I skated in my first public bout last night.  We won 81-79.  It was such an insanely good game.  Both teams played their asses off.  I think we proved more than anything that we, as a league, are going to be a force to be reckoned with.  Lauren, obviously, couldn’t skate, but she makes one hell of a bench coach.  I can’t wait until she can lace up with us again.  Stella can sit with her Momo and cheer us on!

No comments:

Post a Comment