Friday, August 26, 2011

Slacker

I have been slacking on my blog.  I know.  Work, derby and actually taking care of Ms. Mama have been taking up all of my time.  We found out 2 weeks ago we are having a girl and it has sort of sunk in.  We call her "her" all the time now.  I love that. 
We got a metric crap-ton of stuff from our friends who are moving to Tennessee.  Steph, Mandi and Sandi- You guys are amazing.  We got a huge box from our friend Nina a while ago, too.  We have loads of NB and 0-3 month clothes now.  I think we are going to concentrate on shopping for bigger clothes.  We also got a badass pink studded belt from our friend Natalie. Ooooh and a little black and white striped convict onesie from our derby sister, Felony Frankie. Seriously, the spoiling of her is already out of control and I LOVE it.  I will try to curb it someday, but for now I am just excited and ridiculously thankful.  I've always been the one getting excited for my friends' kids.  Now they are all getting excited for mine and that is SO FREAKING COOL.  It's all very strange, too.
Lauren started feeling flutters a couple weeks ago.  Those have turned into stronger kicks and movement.  I could sort of feel it tonight for the first time.  I can't wait until she is punching and moving all the time and I can see her doing it. 
We started taking belly pics a couple weeks ago.  We took one at 13 weeks and one at 16.  The difference is remarkable.  Pictures are necessary every week now.  I don't want to miss anything.  I make her wear the same shirt in each picture.  I want to really be able to compare the pictures.  Plus at the end, I can put them all together in a slide show and watch her belly grow! 
Shower planning has already begun.  (Thank you, Meg and Mom!)  I think we are going to do a Rockabilly theme.  More specifically, I like the idea of Crybaby.  Lauren can be Pepper and I can be.... I dunno, Traci Lords.  I've had the song Crybaby stuck in my head ever since we talked about it.  We'll see. 
As bad as I want her belly to get big, to feel all the moving and kicking and to finally meet her, I kind of want time to slow down a little.  Time seemed to creep by during the first trimester.  We just wanted to make it through that and know that everything was ok.  Since then, time has flown!  I can't believe she is 17 weeks already.  How did that happen??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment