Thursday, August 18, 2011

On Cloud Pink....I mean 9

I’m still working on the vacation post.  I haven’t touched it in days.  I was almost done and my laptop died (I didn’t realize it wasn’t plugged in) and I hadn’t saved it.  Autosave was about 3 paragraphs behind me, so I have to retype quite a bit.  I have to leave it alone for a while or it will be super short and I will leave a lot out, just because I am annoyed. 
We have been having fun looking for girly stuff.  I LOVE knowing what we are having.  I honestly was ok with either a boy or a girl; it’s just so nice to know.  We bought a bunch of clothes on Friday.   Momo and Popo (my mom and dad) bought us a jogging….well, skating stroller.  That way when we go skating out on the trails next summer, we can take her along.  Popo also got her a little train toy (he works on trains.) 
So, it seems that our friends and family are just as excited to spoil our little monster as we are.  Not that the gifts are necessary, but it’s so incredible knowing how excited everyone is!   About 10 minutes after I told one friend she sent a text saying to expect a present in the mail this week.    It’s so crazy knowing some people are almost as excited as we are.   
We started our registry this week.  It was fun, but exhausting!  Babies need loads of stuff!  The registry is basically for the practical stuff.  After all, you can’t find “Future Derby Girl” or Blondie onesies at Babies R Us.  I started a wish list online for all the non-mainstream things I want.  I can just slowly buy things off of it as we go.  I just have to try not to keep adding too much. 
We had another Doc appt. today.  Her heartbeat was 152 BPM.  The doctor said the baby sounded happy.  We didn’t tell him we knew it was a girl.  We have an ultrasound in 4 weeks (@20 weeks!!!) where they check the measurements and do a gender check.  We can just let them tell us again!  I started to say confirm, but that sounds like we are doubtful.  We are not.  

No comments:

Post a Comment