Monday, August 1, 2011

Second Trimester Awesomeness

Looks like Lauren is one of those lucky pregnant women who ditches the crappiness in the first trimester.  Just like clockwork the puking stopped, she has tons of energy and is getting her appetite back.  She is not only holding food down, but the nausea disappeared, literally, overnight.  I think it may have been the day she turned 13 weeks.  The following two days she cleaned the whole house.  Twice.  She couldn’t sit down.   And now she is starting to want more food and different types.  I  figure it’s her body making up for all the puking.  Even if she wasn’t barfing, she could only eat a few bites before she started feeling like crap.  Oh, how quickly things change.  Seriously, these were not gradual changes.  I am SOOO happy for her that she can finally start enjoying the pregnancy.  On top of all this gloriousness, she is pretty sure she can feel the baby moving.  Yeah, it’s really early, but she said it feels like she is getting butterfly kisses on the inside.  I can’t wait till this gremlin is big enough for me to start feeling the movement.  Also, I can’t wait to find out if we are having a boy or girl.  I need a pronoun for this lil bugger. 

2 comments:

  1. I think "gremlin" is fine. At most, when finding out its gender, you could probably resort to calling it "boy gremlin" or "girl gremlin."

    ReplyDelete
  2. As in, "Boy gremlin was kicking today. Lauren told him to stop or she was going to turn this damn uterus around."

    ReplyDelete