Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cat out of the bag

Well, we finally went public with the news.  Or I should say we ALREADY went public with the news.  After all, we are 10 weeks today.  I guess "they" say that is still kinda early, but at the last OB visit, he said that chances of things being AOK are higher than most just because of how well we have been able to check in on baby.  We have another ultrasound on Thursday and I can't wait.  I miss visiting the lil gremlin.  Speaking of, we watched Gremlins 2 tonight.  I started rethinking the whole gremlin nickname, but then realized they are hilarious and mischevious and I am cool with a kid like that. 

On facebook last night, we started talking about the baby between the two of us.  Anyone who is friends with both of us could have seen it.  The only people that said anything were people that already knew, but we were opening the door so they knew we weren't trying to keep it a secret anymore.  I wasn't really planning on bringing it up again tonight.  I had a bad day.  I was thinking it would be a bad night to bring it up because I wasn't in the mood to be excited about anything.  Parenting lesson 1:  Other people being excited about your kid will automatically cheer you up and make the other crap seem a whole lot less important.   Reading my friends's comments about how excited they are for us was another little pinch that reminded me how real and amazing all this is.  We are going to be MOMS!!! It put things in perspective for me.  I now get that my life is about my family.  Everything else is details.  I need to stress less about the details. 

No comments:

Post a Comment