Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dirty Dozen

The wife is feeling better, FINALLY!!  Yay!!  The morning sickness seems to be subsiding.  It was relatively mild for a few weeks, then seemed to get better and then came back with a vengeance.  The past few days have been much better.  She actually has had some energy, too.  However, it doesn’t help that it is 8 million degrees out.  She is cooking a baby; she doesn’t need help from Mother Nature.  I feel for our friends who are getting ready to pop (or just did.)  I know the heat is awful on my lady carrying around our little plum.  I can’t imagine if she were carrying around a watermelon. 
We have been looking into the 3D (elective) ultrasounds.  At first, I thought it was creepy, and totally unnecessary.   However, I like seeing the baby.  I miss seeing the baby.  I would do it every day if we could.  And it’s not as expensive as I thought.  We could go in now and get a teddy bear with a recording of the baby’s heartbeat.  And then at 15 weeks………. We can go in and TRY to find out the sex!!  We are dying to find out, so we will most likely make an attempt at this.  Even if they can’t tell right away, we can go back for free until we can and it will help pass the time until the OB will tell us.  Speaking of, we go see the OB again this Friday.  Not sure what we are going to do, but hoping to at least hear the heartbeat again. 
I still freak out a little when I realize I am going to be a mom.  I have a feeling I will still get that way when my kiddo is heading off to college.  I just CANNOT wait to meet the little munchkin.  Time seems to be speeding up these days.  Hard to believe we are at week 12.  Mamma is even starting to show a little. 

2 comments:

  1. First of all missy, thank you for finally feeding Linda and I some news since you started off like gangbusters and then nothing with these updates.

    Secondly, make sure that you and Lauren are taking pics of her changing shape as you go with a sign to chronicle the baby diary. I had intended on doing that and then didn't and now I'm kinda sad about it.

    Lastly, be nice to the ultrasound pics that the docs/offices print off to you. I've noticed that any of ours where we scanned them or made copies are already starting to fade or change colors (boo)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, 3D? I'm trying to wrap my brain around this. Are you all like: http://www.razzamataz.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/3dglasses5121.jpg ?

    ReplyDelete